Thursday, August 23, 2012

The boat !!

It all began about 6 months ago when I came across a boat for sale on ebay. It looked great, it had nice lines and a brand new fibreglass hull ready for a custom fit-out just the way i like.

I started doing some research and found out that Milan boats was a small company in Eugene, Oregon, USA that shut down around 2007. Only a few boats were built during that time and you will not come across many of them. The whole set of moulds was up for sale and a guy in Queensland, Australia decided to buy them.

He too, didn't have a lot of luck, and the company he was trying to start went bust due to the GFC. He then sold a pair of moulds to another boat builder in Queensland, and Adam, from whom i am buying the boat borrowed another set of moulds to pull a hull for himself, that in the end, he decided to sell.


Long story short, I am now the proud owner of a brand new Milan Boat !!


 
This is It !! a 21ft Cuddy Cabin


 
A 210 cuddy cabin

 
A 210 Bow Rider Version
 
 
A Milan Boat Build in Queensland

1 comment:

  1. I also have a very nice Milan 210 GT cuddly cabin that I purchased up in southern Oregon.
    It’s a great boat. Even in rough chop it glides through with no trouble at al. I’ve had many boats over a 40 year span, and this one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete